Thursday, August 9, 2007

Apartment Pictures




I finally took some pictures of my apartment. It's pretty empty right now, especially the walls, and I've got piles of stuff everywhere, but it gives a sense of what it looks like. I have a heater under my floor, which is the Korean style, so I'm looking forward to when it's cool enough to turn it on. From what I remember when I was in Korea in the winter of 2000, it's pretty nice!


This week has been all about school. I'm feeling a little more like I know what I'm doing, but I think I'm going to be really busy keeping my head above water for the next little while! One nice thing is that I only have 2 preps and I only have, get this, about 55 students total! My smallest class size is 6 and my largest is 11, which is crazy! I actually prefer (up until now) classes of 25 or so, but I'll get used to something else new! One thing I'm really looking forward to is the fact that school doesn't start until 8:00, so I won't need to get up at 5:00 anymore! Some of the teachers who have taught in hot places, like Egypt and Honduras, have been saying that their school would start at 6:45 or 7:00 so the kids could get out of school before it got to the hottest part of the day.


Speaking of hot, it's still very warm here and very humid. It has absolutely poured off and on today, so it's actually a little bit cooler right now, which is nice. I've got my windowns open and my AC off!

No comments: