Friday, January 11, 2008

Christmas


Fran, me, and Pat at El Camino in Fremont, December 29th, 2007.
Happy 2008! I’ve had a great end of 2007 and beginning of 2008 so far and I hope you have too!

The last day of school at SIS was on December 21st, so on the 22nd, I flew to Seattle. Due to the wacky international date line, I left at 5 pm on the 22nd and get in at 10 am on the 22nd! Unfortunately I had caught quite a cold a few days before leaving and my tonsils were so swollen that all the air that got trapped in my ear canal during the flight couldn’t get out, so landing was pretty darn uncomfortable. But once I landed, I picked up a rental car and headed down I-5 to Portland, where my parents met me. I had wondered if it would feel strange to be back in the US, but it felt just about the same, like I’d never even left!

I stayed home for about 8 days and my sister was home for a few of those days. It was fantastic to be home and see my family and Oliver, my cat! It was also really nice to be in a place where I could understand everything that was being said and I could drive…it’s amazing how heavy things become when I have to carry them on the subway! I had bought a bunch of stuff online between August and December, so it was almost like having 2 Christmases! I also bought a bunch of toiletries stuff that are either hard to find in Korea or ridiculously expensive. Needless to say, my suitcases were pretty darn heavy by the time I was ready to head back!

After being at home, I drove up to Seattle and spent two nights there. I had the chance to see a couple of friends from Kamiak, which was fun, and to see my friend Abby, which was awesome. I also managed to walk around Green Lake twice and do yet more shopping! It was wonderful to be home and a little tough to come back. Luckily, I had a trip to Thailand to look forward too, which I’ll write more about later!

No comments: